Saturday, January 16, 2010

Quotes about losing a best friend

Quotes about losing a best friend

Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Mighty proud I am that I am able to have a spare bed for my friends. ~Samuel Pepys


A man's growth is seen in the successive choirs of his friends. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Hold a true friend with both your hands. ~Nigerian Proverb


Yes'm, old friends is always best, 'less you can catch a new one that's fit to make an old one out of. ~Sarah Orne Jewett


I lay it down as a fact that if all men knew what others say of them, there would not be four friends in the world. ~Blaise Pascal


Friendship is Love with jewels on, but without either flowers or veil. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827


Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them. ~Francesco Guicciardini


The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends. ~Gwyneth Paltrow


Friendship is one mind in two bodies. ~Menclus


Friendship needs no words - it is solitude delivered from the anguish of loneliness. ~Dag Hammarskjold


What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. ~Aristotle


I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world. ~Thomas A. Edison


Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn't seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces. ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh


I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. ~Plutarch


The essence of true friendship is to make allowance for another's little lapses. ~David Storey


Do not keep on with a mockery of friendship after the substance is gone - but part, while you can part friends. Bury the carcass of friendship: it is not worth embalming. ~William Hazlitt


In my friend, I find a second self. ~Isabel Norton


A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud. I am arrived at last in the presence of a man so real and equal, that I may drop even those undermost garments of dissimulation, courtesy, and second thought, which men never put off, and may deal with him with the simplicity and wholeness with which one chemical atom meets another. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment